If your agency isn’t a member of New Family Social there are still ways it can support LGBT Adoption & Fostering Week.
- In 2017 there were 72,670 looked-after children in England and 7,180 more foster families were needed across the UK
- LGBT people can and do adopt and foster. In England in 2017, 1 in 10 adoptions were to same-sex couples
- In Scotland same-sex couple adoptions doubled in three years, with 30 taking place in 2016
- In Wales there were 40 reported adoptions to same-sex couples in 2017
Support the campaign on social media
- Retweet the 10 Good Reasons as they emerge on social media
- Use the campaign hashtags #proudtoadopt and #proudtofoster
- Share the Facebook Q&A taking place on the NFS page
- Follow NFS on Twitter
Use a campaign poster to show your support
Use case studies, podcasts and short films
What’s it really like to adopt if you’re LGBT? Four adopters share their experiences of adopting from across England. Kindly supported by First4Adoption.
Alex – a trans man – talks about the impact of adopting and why trans people should consider it
There are also more short films featuring LGBT adopters on the New Family Social website. Or, alternatively check out these case studies of LGBT foster carer case studies.
Include the LGBT Adoption & Fostering Week logo on your materials
Contact James Lawrence, Communications Officer to obtain the logo; email@example.com